40+? Entering the 3rd Age phase of your life? Struggling with menopausal symptoms like weight gain, insomnia, mood swings, sweats, flushes, lack of sex drive?
These symptoms are uncomfortable and frustrating they can be helped by taking a conservative approach.
Are you being driven mad by symptoms of tiredness, aching muscles, brain fog and night sweats/hot flushes. Not to mention the emotional incontinence!
If the answer to any of the above questions is ‘YES’ and you are 40+ then this 6 week course is for you!!
The aim of the Every Woman Programme is a BESPOKE 6 week course for women in all life phases wishing to improve their Pelvic Floor, Core Strength and overall wellbeing. No one area of the body exists in isolation and so ultimately the aim has always got to be a unification of body into one optimally functioning WHOLE. For many women…….COMING BACK HOME TO & MAKING THEIR PEACE WITH THEIR BODIES after the natal period (pregnancy and post-natal), during peri-menopause (when later-life changes begin) and ultimately during the menopausal years.
Put very simply, Pelvic Floor muscles can become weak through pregnancy and childbirth, the menopause, impact exercise such as running, constant coughing or simply through poor diet and an unhealthy lifestyle. These weakened muscles are then simply not able to do their job properly, and this can lead to urinary and faecal incontinence and without proper treatment and exercise, this can develop into pelvic organ prolapse.
What does the Every Woman 3rd Age course involve?
The Course is a 90 minute class or 1-2-1 private session once a week for 6 weeks that has 5 key components:
1) Release – a simple dynamic warm-up and mobilisation that improves alignment and gets the client centered and ready for the class.
2) Main Every Woman Workout – a series of functional movements all designed to strengthen your Pelvic Floor and Core. And we ALWAYS WORK WITH THE BREATH to really ‘supersize’ your connection.
3) Re-Release and The Big ‘LET GO’!! – a relaxing and re-mobilising end to the movement part of the session and spending time relaxing the pelvic floor and core as this is just as important as strengthening.
4) ‘Time-to-Talk’ – every session ends with 15 minutes of space for clients to feedback on their time since last attending. Talking is powerful, women need to talk and we should never apologise for that. It’s what makes us who we are. It builds sisterhood, community, relieves isolation and reduces stress. The ‘Time to Talk’ portion of the class is just as important as the actual exercises. We will cover breathing, core & pelvic floor activation, core synergy, hormones, HRT, Bio-identical hormones, nutrition, life-laundry, stress management, self-care, bowel and bladder health and so much more!!!
5) Nutrition – a healthy snack/juice complements the ‘Time-to-Talk’ on certain weeks. Here are some examples:
Who Is This Programme For?
- Are you a woman who wants to know more about her Pelvic Floor, Core and overall health?
- Have you experienced the odd leak when jumping, running, laughing or sneezing and know that that’s a sign that you need to take control of your Pelvic Health?
- Are you a woman that wants an easy to perform ANYWHERE, modern and effective way to strengthen her Core and re-establish its role as part of her whole body?
- Do you have a small Rectus Diastasis (Tummy Gap) that you want to heal?
- Do you have ‘lower back pain’ issues that you’ve been told is due to a ‘weak Core’?
- Do you want a better looking belly but know it’s an inside out job so need to go deeper and work smarter than just doing ‘sit-ups’?
- Are you ready to prioritize this area of your health and learn ESSENTIAL skills to last you a lifetime?
- You want to learn the importance of food for not only fat loss but nourishing your deep health?
- Have you seen a clinician about a low level Prolapse and been told to ‘do your Pelvic Floor exercises’ as part of your management strategy?
- Are you ready to learn the importance of ‘rest’ and ‘self-care’ as part of your wellness journey?
- Are you entering the peri-post menopausal stage of your life and what to take control?
“I have been able to stop taking Toltaodine 2mg and no longer use Tena pads. I can’t believe the difference being taught how to do pelvic floor exercises correctly at the age of 62 has made. The personal tuition from being a small group of just 4 people. Also the online back up was a big help and encouragement. Rachel was an ideal coach. I was very nervous about doing the course as I felt I might have been too old and infirm, but chatting to Rachel prior to starting allayed all my worries.”
So, How Does It Work?
- You’ll be asked to complete our Holistic Core Restore® Red Flag Pre-Screen to decide if this ‘conservative’ exercise-based programme is right for you or whether you need clinical attention. If you’re a great fit…..
- You’ll then go through a hands-on Pre-Screening at the start of the first class which includes tests for your Core function so that we know where you are on your recovery journey and the programme can truly be tailored to your needs.
- You’ll receive your Holistic Core Restore® Client Education Booklet and the items of fitness kit required for the course.
- You’ll receive your login details for the Holistic Core Restore® Online Platform via email which will allow you to log in and view your additional filmed homework and 2 healing education presentations and a 40 page colour recipe booklet. Both homework and following the Holistic Core Restore® Nutrition Guidelines are an essential part of the puzzle and when followed will truly improve your results and the value you derive from the programme.
- This programme runs for 6-weeks and you will meet with me once per week and complete your online homework, which is approximately 10 mins in duration, guided by Jenny Burrell, the programme creator, a further 4-5 times throughout your week.
- The Homework exercises are progressed and so over the course of the 6 weeks, as your strength and co-ordination improves, the exercises will become more challenging.
- You can follow this programme either live or via Skype, and as part of a small group of women or 1-1 with your myself.