“My pelvic floor is so much stronger – honestly I can’t believe the results. After previously attending women’s health Physio with little/no results, I’d resigned myself to the fact that I was broke. I can now walk, sneeze etc. Without leaking.”
“Learning new exercises and equipment – love the resistant band. Really liked the talks afterwards too. This isn’t just an exercise class.”
The Isle of Man’s first and only Every Woman Programme is run by Rachel Kermeen your Holistic Core Restore® Coach trained by Jenny Burrell, Founder of Burrell Education and Creator of Holistic Core Restore®. www.holisticcorerestore.com
The Every Woman Programme is all about education, re-connection and movement which is why I chose to work with Jenny as her values to empower every women at every age to better Pelvic Floor strength and function sits so well with my values and intentions here at Total Wellbeing From Bump 2 Birth & Beyond.
“The course was fantastic. It was fun and fresh and extremely beneficial. Before I began the course I had terrible back pains and now with the help of my core work and pelvic floor muscles the pain has lessened to a bearable amount”.…
“Getting to meet other women who have just had children and learning how to take care of my body pre and post baby.”
The aim of the Every Woman Programme is a BESPOKE 6 week course for women in all life phases wishing to improve their Pelvic Floor, Core Strength and overall wellbeing. No one area of the body exists in isolation and so ultimately the aim has always got to be a unification of body into one optimally functioning WHOLE. For many women…….COMING BACK HOME TO & MAKING THEIR PEACE WITH THEIR BODIES after the natal period (pregnancy and post-natal), during peri-menopause (when later-life changes begin) and ultimately during the menopausal years.
Do you leak when you laugh, run, cough or sneeze? Do you avoid the trampoline and other activities for fear of leaks? If you answered yes, this course could be for you.
“Rachel is great at what she does and takes the time to teach you.”
Watch this video to see what the course is about:
“The course demonstrated why it is so important to maintain a strong core and pelvic floor and how to achieve this. I do feel that the exercises in particular have already started to strengthen my pelvic floor and given me more confidence as a result.”
Put very simply, Pelvic Floor muscles can become weak through pregnancy and childbirth, the menopause, impact exercise such as running, constant coughing or simply through poor diet and an unhealthy lifestyle. These weakened muscles are then simply not able to do their job properly, and this can lead to urinary and faecal incontinence and without proper treatment and exercise, this can develop into pelvic organ prolapse.
“Rachel’s tuition, advice and follow-up each week and the on-line portal was great for homework motivation.”
What does the Every Woman course involve?
The Every Woman Course is a 60-90 minute class or 1-2-1 private session once a week for 6 weeks that has key components:
1) Release – a simple dynamic warm-up and mobilisation that improves alignment and gets the client centered and ready for the class.
2) Main Every Woman Workout – a series of functional movements all designed to strengthen your Pelvic Floor and Core. And we ALWAYS WORK WITH THE BREATH to really ‘supersize’ your connection.
3) Re-Release and The Big ‘LET GO’!! – a relaxing and re-mobilising end to the movement part of the session and spending time relaxing the pelvic floor and core as this is just as important as strengthening.
4) ‘Time-to-Talk’ – every session ends with 15 minutes of space for clients to feedback on their time since last attending. Talking is powerful, women need to talk and we should never apologise for that. It’s what makes us who we are. It builds sisterhood, community, relieves isolation and reduces stress. The ‘Time to Talk’ portion of the class is just as important as the actual exercises.
Who Is This Programme For?
- Are you a woman who wants to know more about her Pelvic Floor, Core and overall health?
- Have you experienced the odd leak when jumping, running, laughing or sneezing and know that that’s a sign that you need to take control of your Pelvic Health?
- Are you living with a stage 1 or 2 prolapse & want support to strengthen your pelvic floor & help you to live symptom free?
- Are you a woman that wants an easy to perform ANYWHERE, modern and effective way to strengthen her Core and re-establish its role as part of her whole body?
- Do you have a small Rectus Diastasis (Tummy Gap) that you want to heal?
- Do you have ‘lower back pain’ issues that you’ve been told is due to a ‘weak Core’?
- Are you a Peri-post-menopause woman wanting to learn how you can support yourself during this phase of life?
- Do you want a better looking belly but know it’s an inside out job so need to go deeper and work smarter than just doing ‘sit-ups’?
- Are you ready to prioritize this area of your health and learn ESSENTIAL skills to last you a lifetime?
- You want to learn the importance of food for not only fat loss but nourishing your deep health?
- Have you seen a clinician about a low level Prolapse and been told to ‘do your Pelvic Floor exercises’ as part of your management strategy?
- Are you ready to learn the importance of ‘rest’ and ‘self-care’ as part of your wellness journey?
“I have been able to stop taking Toltaodine 2mg and no longer use Tena pads. I can’t believe the difference being taught how to do pelvic floor exercises correctly at the age of 62 has made. The personal tuition from being a small group of just 4 people. Also the online back up was a big help and encouragement. Rachel was an ideal coach. I was very nervous about doing the course as I felt I might have been too old and infirm, but chatting to Rachel prior to starting allayed all my worries.”
So, How Does It Work?
- You’ll be asked to complete our Holistic Core Restore® Red Flag Pre-Screen to decide if this ‘conservative’ exercise-based programme is right for you or whether you need clinical attention. If you’re a great fit…..
- You’ll then go through a hands-on Pre-Screening at your first session which includes tests for your Core function so that we know where you are on your recovery journey and the programme can truly be tailored to your needs.
- You’ll receive your login details for the Holistic Core Restore® Online Platform via email which will allow you to log in and view your additional filmed homework and 2 healing education presentations and a 40 page colour recipe booklet. Both homework and following the Holistic Core Restore® Nutrition Guidelines are an essential part of the puzzle and when followed will truly improve your results and the value you derive from the programme.
- If you are this programme 1-2-1 it runs for 12 weeks & includes 7 sessions with myself at my clinic in St Johns. The first session in an assessment & includes soft tissue therapy & spending time working on your breathing & core & pelvic floor. The second session is 1 week later where we introduce you to some exercises. I then see you every fortnight for the next 5 sessions where we slowly progress you & challenge you more with each session.
- The Homework exercises are progressed and so over the course of the 12 weeks, as your strength and co-ordination improves, the exercises will become more challenging.
- You can follow this programme either live or via Zoom, and as part of a small group of women or 1-2-1 with myself.
- You get my support & guidance the whole time.
“Aside from the obvious physical benefits of reengaging with my pelvic floor and getting back into the habit of thinking ab…out my core stability and learning to get my core and pelvic floor working together, the mental benefits of going out to the class once a week and doing something for myself, rather than being child-centered, has been amazing! My daughter is now 13 weeks old, 6 weeks when I started the course, and I was able to bring her with me and attend to her around the exercises etc without any problems. Rachel was really supportive and even had a few cuddles with her so I could concentrate on the exercises and get the most out of the class.”
“The warm, friendly, no-pressure approach Rachel has with her clients is fantastic. I never once felt uncomfortable or judged but at the same time she is able to encourage you to make the most of the classes and the exercises you are doing and to push yourself that little bit harder without going too far.”
“I really liked that over the 6 weeks we talked about the different aspects of health, nutrition, posture etc that really gives a holistic approach to the exercises and homeworks as well as the depth we looked at the pelvic floor into in the first week – it really helped me to visualise what Rachel was talking about and definitely helped me to connect with my pelvic floor and know that I was getting the exercises right. “
“I thoroughly enjoyed the 6 week course! The information and resources provided were great, and I love that I am able to access them even after the course has finished to continue to build my core and pelvic floor engagement. After the birth of my third child, I was looking for a class that was suitable for the post partum period to get me back into the swing of exercise and get back in touch with my body – this was definitely the right course!”
Watch the video below to find out why every woman needs to attend this course:
“I found my core and pelvic floor, which wasn’t what I thought it was! My confidence has gone from 5-8. Less leaks. Used to have to go to the loo twice before bed but stopped that now….”
“….. Your pelvic floor is not a lost cause after children or even 20 years after children (like me). Just do it!!!”
Dates/Times: Post-Natal Mum & Baby Core Restore starting Tuesday 10th January 1pm (only 3 places available)
Days/Times: EveryWoman Core Restore starting Friday13th January 10.30am (only 3 places available)
Where: At my house in St John’s. More details to be sent when you sign up
**babies more than welcome to attend the post-natal class**
Price: £189 (or £65 a month for 3 months)
Please note by paying online, you are accepting the terms and conditions