This is a treatment given with the understanding of not only anatomy and physiology but also the demands that specific training places on the body. This type of massage will often utilise a variety of deeper techniques such as Soft-Tissue Release, Muscle Energy Techniques and Trigger Point therapy. The main difference of sports massage is the focus on function and returning to or enhancing sport performance.
The reasons for having pre and post event sport massage include:
- Reduce the chance of injury
- Improve power and performance by increasing muscular flexibility and joint range of motion
- Increase vascular flow to tissues, maximizing nutrient and oxygen supply
- Shorten recovery time post event
Sports massage can help the following problems:
- Back/Neck pain
- Tension headaches
- Jaw pain
- Tennis/golfers elbow
- Frozen shoulder
- Muscular spasms
- DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness)
- and so much more
Price: £55 an hour or choose a membership plan
£50 a month for 6 months = ONE 60 minute massage a month.
£45 a month for 12 months = ONE 60 minute massage a month.
Choose an option below:
**As of August 2022, all appointments will take place at my treatment room at St Johns. The address will be given to you once the booking has been made**